Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Robbins v. Bush

In a keynote speech actor and activist Tim Robbins castigated broadcasters during his appearance before the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas earlier this week..
In it, he noted that at the outset of the Iraq war conservative TV and radio broadcasters "told America ... that I was a traitor, a Saddam lover, a terrorist supporter, undermining the troops. I was appealing at the time for the inspectors to have more time to find those Weapons of Mass Destruction. [To critics], I was a naïve dupe of left-wing appeasement.
"If I had known then what I know now, if I had seen the festive and appreciative faces on the streets of Baghdad today, if I had known then what a robust economy we would be in -- the unity of our people, the wildfire of democracy that has spread across the Mideast -- I would never have said those traitorous, unfounded and irresponsible things."

No comments:

Post a Comment